Saturday, August 26, 2006

My background


I am a novice who is conversant with Buddhism since I was 12. At first, when I was 10, my family sent to the Monastery where is nearby my village. This monastery is located in remote area known as MAHAMBAVAN in Sakream commune, Brasatbanklank district,Kampongthom province,Cambodia. Having stayed and learned the Buddha’s teaching respectlully for two years which is enough to be a novice, then I have been a novice in my own monastery with many other Buddhist students who were ordained by The Most Venerable An Pai.
From being a novice, I try my best to study what the Buddha taught during 45 years of his present life for the benefits of human beings. Knowing that in order to know correctly in Buddhism we need to study Pali language which is the roots of Buddhist literature and all the Doctrine of Buddhism have been written in Pali, I obviously decided to start learning Pali language since 1998. In 1999 I left fro Battambang province to go on my study at Buddhist High School Aung Toung till 2006.
On the 25th of May,2006,after taking the exam as scholarship to study in Myanmar, the result is positive so I have to leave Cambodia fro more study at University known as The International Theravada Buddhist Missionary University. On the 9th of June,2006 about 8AM accompanied by parents,relatives ,
friends ,I left for Myanmar happily.
Now I am studying at The International Theravada Buddhist Missionary University located in Yangon,Myanmar at the first year with many students who are from various countries: Japan, China,Taiwan,Indonesia,Thailand,Laos,Banglash,India, Germand.
May all beings be happy and finally reach Nibbana.

0 comments: